Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my CRV for a month. I took it to a car wash were they spray a sealant if you select that option. A few days later, I'm driving and need to spray washer fluid. Nothing comes out. I'm thinking that the sealant has clogged the tube. I know fluid is getting there because when I open the hood, fluid leaks down. Any ideas on how to clear this? I don't want to damage it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

·
Everything in Moderation
7,716 Posts
The "ol' needle method" doesn't always work as well with the newer nozzles (the ones with a slot, rather than a hole).

You could also try to clear the nozzles with a penetrating oil (Kroil or PB Blaster, NOT WD-40). Spray the ends of the nozzles, have a beer and check Facebook while the penetrant does it's thing, then come back and use the washers ONE NOZZLE AT A TIME (hold your finger over the other one while squirting).

Rinse and Repeat until you run out of beer (hopefully you buy 6-packs and not cases). :rolleyes:

Be sure to clean up the penetrant afterwards, overspray could harm the paint!

Just as an aside, I think that some washer fluids leave a residue that clogs nozzles...perhaps you should consider changing brands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts