Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All I bought CURT 56158 and I have any issue with my tail lights,
My break and signal light works fine but the tail light is not I am not sure what can be there problem any ideas?

·
Registered
2016 CR-V EX-L
164 Posts
We might need a little more information. I would start with who did the installation. If you had a dealer or hitch shop do the install then I would take it back and ask them to make it right. If you did the install I would be looking for a loose or disconnected wire. I've seen these units and from what I remember they really are plug and play from a connector standpoint.

Last but not least when you say the tail light isn't working correctly is it the tail light on your CR-V or the tail light on the trailer when connected to the CR-V.

That will be a good start.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Next question is have you checked for voltage at the plug? If you have voltage there then the problem might be in the trailer wiring.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fuse on Harness

56158 has a fuse
Problem
Fuse is it is hard to get at and hard to tell if the fuse is blown and it is behind a bolted in panel.
Fix
Drill a small hole or slot in the panel and tie a string or rope tie it to the fuse block so you can pull the fuse block out with out unbolting the panel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts