Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I almost did but the reviews were not great and also, since we use carplay every trip id still have to plug it in so i opted against

·
Registered
833 Posts
I almost did but the reviews were not great and also, since we use carplay every trip id still have to plug it in so i opted against
I saw that video yesterday too. If I ever get wireless Android auto working I'd be all over it. Unfortunately unofficial wireless AA is too buggy for prime time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
$90 to $150 for something that charges my phone slower and doesn't direct connect to headunit for full Android Auto/Carplay?

What a bargain.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Basically seems pointless to me to wireless charge. Too slow. But seeing this makes me want to build my own just for the novelty! Would be super easy.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
$90 to $150 for something that charges my phone slower and doesn't direct connect to headunit for full Android Auto/Carplay?

What a bargain.
Heh... took the words right off my keyboard on this one UMRdyldo. :)

The primary purpose of your phone while driving is to actually connect it to the HU and use the full range of features, and with that you get power to charge the phone as well.

I do believe Honda has added wireless charging plates to some of their newer models..... The Oddessy for example. And I know dealers have a kit for installing this on most Hondas since 2015 ($300+) But I still challenge the value of it unless you have full wireless connection (without errors or disconnects) to the HU with your phone.

·
Registered
395 Posts
wow, those things are expensive.... that includes the 20% tariff ?
I was amazed how easy it is to remove the top portion of the consul. I definitely can use that info... thank you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, those things are expensive.... that includes the 20% tariff ?
I was amazed how easy it is to remove the top portion of the consul. I definitely can use that info... thank you.
I'm guessing the prices will come down once more companies start to make (copy) the design a bit more but an oem level fit and finish is probably worth a bit more than a universal charging pad.

agreed on the console take apart - did you notice the small plastic piece that flew off the top when he took it off? i'm guessing it was the trim tool and not the trim itself. I really want that wood trim piece we're missing...

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
I built my own for my old Toyota from Aliexpress parts. Cost about €8 and a couple of hours. Stuck it under the center console compartnent. Worked great.

·
Registered
483 Posts
there is discussion about this in older threads also.. i bought one from Amazon. it didnt charge my phones, but modified it to use 12v plug and not tap into fusebox, and after that it works great.
it just pops in and works great, but only after i modified the charging coils to use 12v.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there is discussion about this in older threads also.. i bought one from Amazon. it didnt charge my phones, but modified it to use 12v plug and not tap into fusebox, and after that it works great.
it just pops in and works great, but only after i modified the charging coils to use 12v.
where did you get center console 'wood' trim? seller name? I've gone through 3 sellers in amazon and bay and ended up with various dark/light throw away ones. mind taking a picture slightly angled to show the trim along with the dash one to show how close the colors match?

How well does the tray grab onto the phone as you drive around? also did you have to modify the charging tray after putting on the wood trim or did it still stay flush with the console?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts