Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I couldn't find this info here, but finally worked it out. Wanted to wire up a light bar, but was finding it difficult to work out wiring for relay switching. Easy, once I worked it out. Different to usal negative earth switching etc.

2005 Honda CRV aftermarket light bar / driving light wiring

Relay Terminals
30 - power from battery – (make sure it is a waterproof inline fuse – 30 amp is recommended)
87 - to light bar (read wire) or one of your driving lights
87 - spare if only one light bar (read wire) or one of your driving lights

85 - joint into wire from high beam (near LH globe) (I took this via double insulated twin wire into cab, via handbrake rubber boot and up under dash to a switch I put in. Then back to terminal 85 (this swtich allows you to turn spot light off and on, when it car high been is active. This a legal requirement in Australia)
86 - joint into wire from high beam (near LH globe)

The set up for terminal 85 and 86 is because of the way the 12v goes to globe first and then to switch. See section 78-18 at this link. This wiring set up is different to how you would normally wire a light bar up.

There is a wiring diagram at cardiagn . com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi. How would this look if I wanted the high beams to activate the led bar? No switch
not really possible you'd need to find the fog light circuit for the cr-v and splice into that. i just wired mine to my fuse box and used a relay switch. if your trying to hook up to your headlights then its a splice into the headlight circuit on the high beam. id just do the switch and don't bother with the splicing as for me it caused the lights to dim significantly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts