Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.. I have a 2000 crv mark 1.. Recently my Honda has developed a slight wobble, similar to a wheel balance problem.. It is throughout the gears and felt throughout the car, but more prominent and noticeable between 10- 30 mph.. I have had the wheels checked, but its not them... It feels like something is out of balance...........Anybody any ideas..... Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It sounds like a bad tire to me! With your car parked run your hands around the tire it should be perfectly circular! If they feel good move the car about 2 feet and feel again to expose the part of the tire that was on the ground the first time you tested. If this is the problem whoever checked the wheels should have found it don't go back there!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, To be honest I don't know its a year 2000 Honda crv es if that helps..... Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello, It looks as if you could be right, after removing the prop shaft the wobble has gone.. I have ordered a new prop shaft and I am awaiting delivery within the next 2 weeks....Apparently the bearings were worn in the universal joints... Will let you know how I have gone on after I have had it fitted.......... Cheers for now Roy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello to you all.......... New prop shaft fitted today, and problem solved.... Prop shaft cost approx. £350

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh bye the way can anyone tell me if my Honda crv ES Year 2000 engine size 2000cc is constant 4x4 or does the rear two wheels only kick in when front wheels slip..... Thank you Roy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts