Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have had a problem with my 2.2 diesel crv for about 8 months now and nobody seems to be able to help me:rolleyes:
I am a courier and deliver my parcels in the crv, when im working and its hot and I switch it off it takes ages to re start, to the degree you think it wont start, hopefully the attachment works and you can here what I does.
I think the problem is something to do with the alarm/immobiliser as when its hot you can here, what sounds like a quiet alarm going off, when the noise stops the engine starts.
Hopefully someone wiz on here can help me pleeeease.
Thank you in advance
Karen

Sorry I cant attach the link, so I am hoping you can help me by my explanation
Thanks

·
Registered
895 Posts
Paste the url into the message. Doesn't have to be a link. Is there an aftermarket alarm system on your vehicle?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I'd be willing to bet the alarm/immobilizer is shutting off the fuel pump and it only turns it on when the alarm sound stops.
I'd totally disable the alarm and then see how it starts when hot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi. It wont let me paste as im new here so I hope I can explain well enough. It is a factory fitted alarm, I don't know how it can be switched off, im not worried if it never works again. The alarm noise I here is very quiet but identical to normal alarm. I also think it shutting the fuel supply off. Do you know how I can switch the alarm off?
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts