Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 225/65R16 Steelies on Blizzack snow tires and wondering if it would fit. I did a test fit (really short on time as I work 100+ hours a week) but it fit. But the clearance between the rims and brakes are not even a finger. If it doesn't fit, can I put spacers or anything to make it work?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
On my 2013 CR-V with stock 225/65R17 rims the clearance between the front rims and calipers looks like it's ~1" or slightly less.
Like Honda4Life said in another post if you put one of the rims on the front and can spin it freely it should work for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The wheels should fit fine. 2012 LX models came with 16" wheels and use the same brakes as EX models. 16" wheels fit on my 2009 LX, which came with 17" wheels originally and has bigger brakes than your 2012 model. You want at least 3 to 4 mm of clearance around your brake calipers to account for potential wheel deflection.

However, you might have issues with that tire size (225/65R16), which is 1" smaller in overall diamter than your current tires (225/65R17). If you use those tires, your speedometer will be off by about 3.5% and might cause issues with VSA.

If you want 16" wheels, you should be using 225/70R16 tires, which are very close to the outside diameter of your current tires. For every inch you change in rim diameter (e.g., 17 to 16) you have to adjust the aspect ratio (the value between the / and the R) by five in the opposite direction. So decrease rims from 17 to 16, increase aspect ratio from 65 to 70.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts