Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
We have rated batteries for 10 Years of Shelf life, and we replace batteries out Each year, they are not your typical batteries. So yes you can Keep the old as a spare and replace with a new one. its all you, till that day it dies .

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
My personal observation of owning vehicles over the past 1/2 century is that more perfectly good batterys are replaced than need be. 2 cases in point 2004 4runner with panasonic battery driven in cold Colorado from Dec 03 to June 11, in hot Arizona until I sold it ( mistake ) in Nov 13, 04 to 13, 9 years battery was good at time of sale. 02 Civic wifes car don't remember what brand it came with but was still ok when traded for a 13 CRV, 11 years. Maybe we just have really good luck but I think not.
They changed the way batteries are made today.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Not typical? What are they then?
Even the aircraft batteries I have been looking into don't have a 10-year shelf life.
As that is in my line of work. wish i could share more. even your AA batterys got a shelf life of a nmber of years

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Loved my Panasonic in my Gen 2, outlasted any battery today @glbarr

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Oh I can not wait for those HY brid cars batteries to be replaced. and the price it cost.

recycles imagine all those short runs

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Like said
Automotive tire Toy Automotive design Vehicle Automotive wheel system

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Bat got vent holes in front cover. due to the engine heat and temps, nothing to worry about, have fun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts