Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CRV Touring AWD
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2018 CRV Touring. The vehicle is 3 years old. Having read several posts regarding the life of the battery I am thinking about having the battery replaced, as preventative maintenance and a peace of mind. I have not had any battery problems and wondering if it is reasonable to swap out for a new one before I do have issues. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2018 CRV Touring AWD
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thank you everyone for your input and friendly approach. The new battery is in ! Rather than waiting for a punch in the nose -- I threw the first punch and it's a knock out :). Happy and peace of mind is worth the $$. Thank you to all.

·
Registered
2018 CRV Touring AWD
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Did you replace it yourself or did you have a service do it for you ?
The reason I ask is that I want to change MY battery (2018 CR).
It's looks easy enough but I'm unsure what to expect after the jon is done.
Accoringy .....
If you did it yourself, did you lose any functinality anywhere, due to the vehicle being without power for a perior of time) ?
Did you need to re-enter and code of any sort ?
How about the radio stations, phone contacts bluetooth pairing. Did you lose any of that ?
Did you have any light on the dash that went away after a coule of miles driving ?

Thanks
I did not replace the battery myself. I took it to a local battery/tire business -- not the dealership. They put the vehicle on a memory stick so nothing was lost while the battery was changeed. Also, there were no warning or dash lights on after the battery change was completed. They simply changed the battery, pulled it out of the shop and away I went. FYI -- this is the best way for a guy, like me, who was born with 10 thumbs, two left hands and no interest at all in mechanics.
Have a great day.

·
Registered
2018 CRV Touring AWD
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
2017 CRV EX-L Turbo with Nav. The VEHICLE has been bullet proof with only a broken gearshift knob early on (Manufacturing defect--replaced at no cost) & a $155 replacement cost for a fuse (fusible link?) that was Caused By a BATTERY issue. The BATTERIES have been anything But bullet proof with taking 3 batteries to get one that worked for a length of time. The other 2 stranded me 3 times with NO warning. 100 month warranty on the Honda battery--just a marketing ploy to keep people locked into buying Honda batteries.

This month I was thinking it was about time to consider replacing the battery to be safe because it was about 2-1/2 years old when the MM service on the vehicle found battery cranking power down about 20%. I had, had no problems with this battery but decided to replace it for peace of mind; although having gone through 3 Honda batteries I am not sure any Honda battery will give me peace of mind.

The batteries on all of the other cars which I have owned would have given me a warning in time to replace them without being stranded. Never been stranded by a failed battery in any other vehicle. The Honda batteries--no warning, you go to the restaurant or to the house & when you come out the CRV won't start--that is the good part; the bad part is that it won't start & it causes all types of other problems & flashing lights so that it takes them days to determine that the real problem is the battery.

At the very least have the battery tested but at 3 years, replacing the battery might be a better option for some degree of peace of mind & to avoid being stranded without warning.
Agree ! I went and had a new battery placed the same day I posted my concern. Next purchase will be a battery power pack, probably a NOCO, for additional peace of mind. Have a good evening.

·
Registered
2018 CRV Touring AWD
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Your posting says that you put in a new battery -- which was about the time to do so. I have a 2018 model and recently replaced my battery which was not giving me problems but elected to do so as preventative measures. Just keep an eye on the fluids in the battery like you do all your other fluid levels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts