Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting numerous anti-virus and malware warnings from my computer's security software every time I visit this site. Each and every page causes one or usually two pop-up warnings of hackware and malware attempts from the ads. Sometimes I'm reading a forum and an ad loads and my page gets redirected to a site that my internet security software refuses access to and I end up with a blank page.

It happens every time I read these forums, and I usually just dismiss the warnings and continue. When the page automatically redirects to a 3rd party page and Norton Internet Security intervenes, that is really aggravating.

Aren't others getting these invasive ads?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nope, you probably have some malware on your computer. I've been using this site for a solid week (multiple times a day) with no issues.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I use Avast on my Mac, and it shows 12 tracking system warnings for this page:

3 social network trackers: Twitter, Facebook, and Google+
2 web analytics trackers: Google Analytics, Scorecard research
7 Ad trackers: Lotame, Doubleclick, Datalogix, Google GPT, SiteScout, The Trade Desk, Quantcast

Since the warnings are specific this web page, it's not an issue with anything that's on my computer.

I just loaded a new browser window to whitehouse.gov and it only showed one tracker, Google Analytics.
And cnn.com has 11 warnings.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing wrong with my computer. I run regularly checks and keep it updated. No other site generates as many malicious ads as this site, so I guess it's at least nice to know my Internet Security software is working. It can't stop some ads from auto-redirecting to a 3rd party page, but at least it won't let the evil page load.

I might try the adblock thing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone else with Norton Internet Security getting the same intercepts and blocking that I'm getting? Maybe Norton is catching more stuff. The page redirects are the worst so far.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I use Avast on my Mac, and it shows 12 tracking system warnings for this page:

3 social network trackers: Twitter, Facebook, and Google+
2 web analytics trackers: Google Analytics, Scorecard research
7 Ad trackers: Lotame, Doubleclick, Datalogix, Google GPT, SiteScout, The Trade Desk, Quantcast
When you get something online for free, the currency is YOU.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, so now that I've posted my concerns here, I've started getting even more invasive ads on this site, although it's probably a coincidence. Today, after starting to check this very thread in Internet Explorer, a Norton warning popped up and intercepted a site redirect. I barely managed to grab a screen grab before the whole site reloaded and opened another window with a warning that my Flash player needed to be upgraded and "click here" to update it. I closed the window but another one immediately opened and this time it was a warning that my Windows 7 was out of date and files would be deleted unless I clicked their button to update Windows. The warning had a count-down from 280 seconds. I was unable to close the window and when I tried to close my browser, I was unable to do so. It wasn't a hostage-type attack, the windows just kept opening. I then just rebooted the laptop and everything was fine. After running security scans and finding everything was fine, I'm now on Firefox and the malicious ads aren't popping up. So maybe it's an IE exploit?

Here's the warning that came up:
Text Font Line Screenshot Technology

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm getting numerous anti-virus and malware warnings from my computer's security software every time I visit this site. Each and every page causes one or usually two pop-up warnings of hackware and malware attempts from the ads. Sometimes I'm reading a forum and an ad loads and my page gets redirected to a site that my internet security software refuses access to and I end up with a blank page.

It happens every time I read these forums, and I usually just dismiss the warnings and continue. When the page automatically redirects to a 3rd party page and Norton Internet Security intervenes, that is really aggravating.

Aren't others getting these invasive ads?
Yes, I get the Norton popup too. I never even had Norton on this computer. Another annoying popup for Adobe as well. I'm guessing the website has been hacked. I wouldn't click any of that crap.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
This is a multi-pronged issue, involving OS updates, browser updates that reset settings, and malware. If you are running anti-virus and/or anti-malware software, and having these issues, then that software is NOT working. I run Norton and Malwarebytes (the premium versions - you get what you pay for), and have no issues with this stuff. I have been having Windows 10 update issues, screwing up my drivers, hardware settings, and browser and other software settings, such as Outlook. One update completely toasted one of my email accounts. I was never able to recover it and had to delete it. I suspect that the ever-ongoing battle between Google and MS is the culprit, as they are forever trying to sabotage each other. My email issue was down to gmail settings that crashed my MS Outlook settings for that account. Yet it did not interfere with my other gmail account, or my Chrome browser. Weird. Aside from that email account, these updates killed or changed settings and/or drivers for my keyboard, mouse, display, sound, nic, and also changed settings in my browsers (Edge and Chrome), my iTunes, and some settings in various other applications. On my brother's machine, we also lost his gmail account, and I had to set him up a new one. He lost a couple of weeks worth of critical business email. All the techs I know are struggling and inundated with similar customer issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts