Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 EX AWD 5AT
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning my 2006 for about a month putting about 6k miles on it, I was determined to fins a way to move the whole seat back or atleast raise the front to give my knees a more relaxed angle when driving or sell the CRV. I really want to move the whole seat back a few inches , but not sure how it can be done without welding something custom. Im 6'1 with long legs and short torso.

I didn't do anything with the airbag system and didn't disconnect the battery.

You can see the angle before and after . if this looks like relief to you by all means try it.

I leaned back in the seat first to see how much I think was good enough for my knee angle.

I got these from Home Depot. Seated them under the OE brackets and did my best to guess where to drill holes.

·
Registered
2003 CRV EX Auto 300,000km still rollin'
358 Posts
There is not much leg room, that's for sure... Can only assume the designers were not six foot plus change...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did the same thing and am very pleased with the results! The legroom isn't really any more but the raised seat angle makes them much more comfortable. The difference is much more than I expected and thus I'm much happier now driving this car. I used 1" x 1/8" flat steel bar with two holes at 1 3/4" spacing center to center. Actually did it twice, first at 1 1/4", which was good, then increased it to 1 3/4" which now seems perfect for me. Very easy project!

·
Registered
2011 Honda CRV LX
1 Posts
I did the same thing and am very pleased with the results! The legroom isn't really any more but the raised seat angle makes them much more comfortable. The difference is much more than I expected and thus I'm much happier now driving this car. I used 1" x 1/8" flat steel bar with two holes at 1 3/4" spacing center to center. Actually did it twice, first at 1 1/4", which was good, then increased it to 1 3/4" which now seems perfect for me. Very easy project!
I am considering a similar mod to a 2011 CRV LX. Do you happen to have any pics?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts