Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I second that. From what I'm reading, Bishko licenses the manuals from Honda. I own two already (one for the '09 CR-Vs, the other for a 2005 TSX). The TSX manual is a higher-quality scan, and the text is searchable. It is more handy than a printed manual because I can print individual pages and stick them on the top of the dashboard or package shelf while working and not have to touch anything.

·
2,272 Posts
Good to know - Thanks! I'll have to take a look.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The DVD arrived today. It is one huge (455 mb) .PDF file, 3,172 pages, mostly without links. I say mostly, because page 1 has some that work (the dark black images) and some that don't (the not-very-dark black images). I later found out this is because those that aren't dark black would normally be in the dead-tree edition's Volume 2, but are on this disk in the same file.

Otherwise, the scan quality is excellent. Actually this may not be a scan, instead it may be a PDF created by the computer program that did the paper manual. But, links would be nice.

If you use ctrl-f to search, give your program a minute or so to find all the hits. I use Microsoft Edge ("Edgeium", the latest version) as my PDF viewer. Maybe Adobe's viewer is faster.

·
2,272 Posts
Hmmm. Interesting. Mine has links everywhere. My only complaint is - no index. I use the Adobe app. It's instant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts