Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Am starting to shop for steel rims - but I'm cheap:p.....so wondering if someone can suggest WTB steel rims - am looking for 17" rims - I have a 2011 V. The two logical places I've checked are Crappy Tire & Costco - at this point - crappy tire seems the cheapest at $65/rim. I took a quick look on eBay but couldn't find any at a relatively cheap cost (I'm in Canada).

Suggestions/thoughts?

Geek:cool:

·
Registered
579 Posts
If you are also buying winter tires, I would wait until rim & tire package specials are announced later in the year.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are also buying winter tires, I would wait until rim & tire package specials are announced later in the year.
Maybe but was hoping to pick up a deal...for tires....I saw Pirelli Winters going for $90/tire:eek:.....but they only had 2 tires left:(..so I thought I might be able to pick up a deal "off-season" for the rims....but no such luck as of yet...:(

·
Registered
98 Posts
As Lizzurd might agree, I was able to go to my local Honda dealer and pick up 4 steelies from there mongo pile. Was lucky that some customer wanted to upgrade their rims and my parts guy was on the look out for me.... So try a Honda dealer near you, and ask.......you never know.......

I'm really lucky to have a great parts manager........

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As Lizzurd might agree, I was able to go to my local Honda dealer and pick up 4 steelies from there mongo pile. Was lucky that some customer wanted to upgrade their rims and my parts guy was on the look out for me.... So try a Honda dealer near you, and ask.......you never know.......

I'm really lucky to have a great parts manager........
Good suggestion - but - I don't have a relationship with my local stealership.....I could try maybe a junk yard.....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check your local craigslist.
Thanks - but - I wouldn't buy anything on scamlist......but appreciate the suggestion....I think my best bet is going to either to be to wait and see what tire/rim packages come out later this year and/or just get them at crappy tire.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Craig'sList has been very good to me in contrast to your assertion. I've bought farm tractors, car parts, tires etc etc and even just bought my 2013 EX on CL !! No problems so far. It's like anything else - buyer beware and do your homework !!! Craig

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Craig'sList has been very good to me in contrast to your assertion. I've bought farm tractors, car parts, tires etc etc and even just bought my 2013 EX on CL !! No problems so far. It's like anything else - buyer beware and do your homework !!! Craig

Ive also had great luck with CL. Bought a few vehicles off it actually. One being over 800 miles away and flew there to get it.

Also bought wheels for a few Hondas off there.

But, I have a feeling no suggestion will be the proper one based on responses in this thread. "Crappy tire", "stealership" and "scamslist" are some of the responses given by the OP to peoples suggestions.

Best of luck in your search and god, I will feel sorry for the sales person.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts