Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to satellite radio, however the XM on my 2015 seems to cut out too frequently. Even passing under one lane bridges (without stopping) will cause it to drop. And I'm totally screwed if there are trees on the side of the road, even if they aren't overhead. I've ridden in other vehicles (Jeep) with satellite radio and never remember them losing reception at all.

Is this common on the 2015 CR-V? Perhaps I have a bad connection with my antenna?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I've had satellite in three cars, and three motorcycles -- they all lose reception from time to time even in clear terrain.

·
Registered
27 Posts
XM is terrible compared to Sirrus. They say they are the same but by name only. Sirrus has 3 satellites whereas XM only has 2. If you are up north - Oregon and north XM will brake up frequently.
Up here in BC most drivers go for Sirrus. Our Honda had XM and we now use usb sticks.
One day they will combine both sets of satellites and it will work.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
XM is terrible compared to Sirrus. They say they are the same but by name only. Sirrus has 3 satellites whereas XM only has 2. If you are up north - Oregon and north XM will brake up frequently.
Up here in BC most drivers go for Sirrus. Our Honda had XM and we now use usb sticks.
One day they will combine both sets of satellites and it will work.
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
'18 CR-V Ex-L AWD & '13 CR-V Ex-L AWD
1,640 Posts
We have consistent reception with ours. Maybe location, luck, or sun spots could your problem. Contact SirusXm and ask them why you have poor reception.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts