Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 CR-V touring and I'm also new to satellite radio. What I have noticed is that I lose reception for a second or two when I drive by certain areas even though it is out in the open. I drive in my gf's jeep through the same areas and her cars never loses the signal. Does anyone have this issue? How did you resolve it? Should I take to the dealer? Or is this just the way things are with these units?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have the same problem a lot but I probably have it a lot more since I live in the mountains and drive through a lot of trees and along steep cuts in the roads. However, there are several places out in the open where I lose the signal every time (like a spot on the interstate where I lose it every time). I had Sirius in my last car and I lost the signal occasionally but not nearly as often. I was told Sirius has 3 satellites and XM has 2. They have done several resets but it never helps. I renewed the other day for half price but I won't do it again. I can seldom listen to an entire song without losing the signal.

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
Mine drops out anytime the line of sight towards the south gets blocked. Bridges rock faces and buildings being the commonest suspects.
Now it's happening more often when ever I'm surrounded by trees....
Grrrr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts