Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new 2013 Honda CR-V EX-L (without the Nav) and now have XM satellite reception issues. The signal frequently drops out in locations I wouldn't expect it to. My only comparison is my wife's Ford Expedition that uses a Sirius radio. In locations where I have signal loss, her system works fine. I realize this is an apples to oranges comparison, but this is my first experience with XM. Has anyone else had issues with the 2013 model and XM signal loss? I am thinking about returning to my dealer to ask them to check it out. Any thoughts about this?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Very strange. Definitely have the dealer take a look at it. I also have no Nav but do have the RES (Rear Entertainment System) and the XM radio performs the same as the one in my Odyssey. Do the other radio bands (AM, FM) work as well as the Ford? I wonder if you have an antenna problem.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I've been having the same issue. In my previous car (accord) I had an aftermarket XM radio with the little magentic antenna on on the roof. Reception was generally good but now with my EX-L, I lose reception where I don't expect to for a second or two.

I'd be interested if anyone found anything out.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I recently purchased a new 2013 Honda CR-V EX-L (without the Nav) and now have XM satellite reception issues. The signal frequently drops out in locations I wouldn't expect it to. My only comparison is my wife's Ford Expedition that uses a Sirius radio. In locations where I have signal loss, her system works fine. I realize this is an apples to oranges comparison, but this is my first experience with XM. Has anyone else had issues with the 2013 model and XM signal loss? I am thinking about returning to my dealer to ask them to check it out. Any thoughts about this?
I replaced my Kia Optima with Sirius with my CRV EX-L with XM. I had to change and upgrade my Sirius subscription (to get the same stations + more) to XM and my losses of signal increased a lot on the same roads. I was told that Sirius has 3 satellites and XM has 2. Crooked roads in the mountains with lots of trees makes it worse. I may not renew.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2010 CR-V EX-L and have been experiencing the same problems. XM signal drops sometimes on roads that do not have any obstructions to the horizon or sky. I can understand in tunnels, in mountainous terrain or big buildings. But out in the country?? My friends VW has zero reception problems in the same area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts