Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Years 2010-2011 and 2012-2014 - Any Major Issues?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  downunder47 
#1 ·
I want to pick up another CRV.

Did all of the 2010-2011 models have the oil consumption issue? How would I know if looking at this year if it had the issue but did not get fixed. Was there a VIN range? Any other watch items for these years.

How are the 2012-2014 models? Any issues to look out for. I want to buy a CRV without the CVT transmission, which I think started in 2015.

Thanks for the input.

G

#2 ·
I think the 2012-2014 were pretty solid. The only known "issue" that I can think of is the VTC rattle which has no negative effects on the vehicle. I think 2010 did have oil consumption issues, but I don't know much about it.

#3 ·
2010-11, all tsb 12-089

I want to pick up another CRV.

Did all of the 2010-2011 models have the oil consumption issue? How would I know if looking at this year if it had the issue but did not get fixed. Was there a VIN range? Any other watch items for these years.

How are the 2012-2014 models? Any issues to look out for. I want to buy a CRV without the CVT transmission, which I think started in 2015.

Thanks for the input.G
The TSB is 31 pages since it includes ALL details of the repair including all part numbers for both sizes of pistons.

It repeatedly says: Check the iN VIN status eligibility. Far as I know only Honda dealeers can do this using Hond Proprietary computer system.

It extends the warranty for pistons and piston rings to 8 years from original date of purchase and 125,000 miles; and, To check for vehicle eligibility, you must do a VIN status inquiry.

Apparently, from posts on this site, the trouble doesn't start until around 60K miles.

If you find one you like you can take the VIN to a Honda dealer and have him check if it is eligible and/or completed.

I have an '07 with 97,000 miles and a '10 with 30,000 miles, both us no oil. I would avoid all '10 and '11's. I prefer the performance of the '07 to the '10 unless you can use Ethano-free gas, then the '10 performs like it was supposed to.

Beginning with '13 or '14 I think they changed the tire pressure monitering system and had problems that seem to be fixed by a TSB.

So it looks like '07 through '09 and '12 to '14 are OK.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.