Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am having a little trouble choosing between these two tires, I was originally going to go with Toyo versado's but at prices starting at 99 bucks and not being able to find a dealer I am looking a little cheaper in the 68 dollar range the two tires I came up with were Yokohama Avid TRZ and Pirelli P4 Four Seasons. In Yokohama's case the reviewers are saying they get great winter traction, and are quiet. The Pirelli's on the other hand seem to have great tread life, good in snow, quiet, and being Pirelli's you know they can handle pretty good, also NYC undercover cop cars use these tires and they seem to get traction in the rough. I like Pirelli because of how they are known and respected don't get me wrong Yokohama is a fine brand but Pirelli is one of the staples. I don't know who to go by the Reviewers of the Yokohama's or the Pirelli reviews any insight would be helpful I am going to try and get a look at these in person.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Will be hard to get advise here about those tires; you will have to go with the reviews you already have from Tirerack I guess and make up your mind, both brands are good in my personal opinion, probably one has more treadwear than the other and maybe at different prices as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been very pleased w/the TRZ's on my 01 CRV. One other thing I would look into is how many sidewall trends do the Pirelli's have. The TRZ's have two. I personally prefer two. (This was one of the reasons I changed out the GY RSA's (1 ply sw) on the mrs. then new 05 Ford Focus. Went w/ Bridgestone Turanza H. Great tire.) I will say, which I think is very important w/the $ of gas, that the TRZ's seem to roll real easily. I was strongly considering the Cooper CS4's before purchasing the TRZ's. I hope this helps somewhat. Bill

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been very pleased w/the TRZ's on my 01 CRV. One other thing I would look into is how many sidewall trends do the Pirelli's have. The TRZ's have two. I personally prefer two. (This was one of the reasons I changed out the GY RSA's (1 ply sw) on the mrs. then new 05 Ford Focus. Went w/ Bridgestone Turanza H. Great tire.) I will say, which I think is very important w/the $ of gas, that the TRZ's seem to roll real easily. I was strongly considering the Cooper CS4's before purchasing the TRZ's. I hope this helps somewhat. Bill
Thanks I don't think I understood half of that but thats my fault :D , One thing that intrigues me about the Pirelli's is the tread life some people seem to be getting pretty good tread life out of those things. How are the Yokohama's doing? I hear from Advan's that the tread life isn't so good but thats a completely different tire.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I apologize for any confusion. I should have said sidewall plies, not treads. Sorry. I prefer a tire which has 2 sidewall plies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts