Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,

Getting close to having to replace my stock Dunlops (34k miles on them). I was leaning towards the above tire based on Car Rack reviews and a previous set of Yokos that I had on my Subaru.

Anybody have anything to say about the AVID TRZ's?

Thanks !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yoko Avid TRZ tires

Hi,

I am in the process of putting these tires on my 2004 CRV. I have been researchibng this for a month now. I have high hopes for these tires.

I hated the OEM's (Duellers) and put Goodyear triple treds on them at 24k. They worked great for about 20K miles and then started gettting noisey. I rotated and ballance every 3 k miles so that was not the problem. They are supposed to be an 80K tire. Big dissapointment.

In any case I am having the TRZ's put of this Friday (10-02-07). I will let you know my initial thoughts within a week.

regards
Bozo

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My local STS dealer cross sold me on Toyo Versado LX's. 80k tire, like the Yokos, but supposidly super quiet. They are now the tire of choice for some model BMW and Lexus vehicles.

Toyo is giving a 90 day trial on them. I'm putting them on on Wednesday. I'll let you know what I think as well.

Hopefully one of us hit a home run ....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Convinced

Hi,

Your mention of the Toyo Versado got me thinking, as I said originally I was going for the Yoko TRZ's but I did more research and elected to go with the Versados. It got better marks on all counts. I have had them since Monday and am very impressed. I can't believe the positive difference in the ride quality and noise level. I can't wait for my first road trip and snow fall.

Bozo

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Your mention of the Toyo Versado got me thinking, as I said originally I was going for the Yoko TRZ's but I did more research and elected to go with the Versados. It got better marks on all counts. I have had them since Monday and am very impressed. I can't believe the positive difference in the ride quality and noise level. I can't wait for my first road trip and snow fall.

Bozo
Heh, glad I could be of service. 2 weeks on my Versados and I still think very highly of them. So far, so good !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.