Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the new Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015? I know that the outgoing Geolandar A/T-S were decent but had some issues but the reviews on the new model are fantastic!

Check out TireRack for the reviews (I don't have enough posts on this forum to post links)

I have a few questions regarding experiences if anyone has tried them out:
1) How is the road noise compared to stock tires?
2) Has there been a noticeable difference in performance or mpg? (weigh 34lbs for 235/60R18 compared to 29 lbs for stock Hankook Kinergy)
3) How does it handle road bumps, potholes, etc?
4) Performance in snow, slush, ice?

The stock Hankook Kinergy tires are garbage and I am looking to replace my tires ASAP. I don't need a second set of winter tires but I'm just looking for something that will handle the occasional storm and get me up to the mountains for skiing a few times a year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone installed the new Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015? I know that the outgoing Geolandar A/T-S were decent but had some issues but the reviews on the new model are fantastic!

Check out TireRack for the reviews (I don't have enough posts on this forum to post links)

I have a few questions regarding experiences if anyone has tried them out:
1) How is the road noise compared to stock tires?
2) Has there been a noticeable difference in performance or mpg? (weigh 34lbs for 235/60R18 compared to 29 lbs for stock Hankook Kinergy)
3) How does it handle road bumps, potholes, etc?
4) Performance in snow, slush, ice?

The stock Hankook Kinergy tires are garbage and I am looking to replace my tires ASAP. I don't need a second set of winter tires but I'm just looking for something that will handle the occasional storm and get me up to the mountains for skiing a few times a year.

I bought a set for my FWD EX. They are huge improvement over the stock hankooks. They grip through rain, power through standing water and grip dirt/gravel roads like it's dry concrete. They are also stiffer so your V will ride a tad bit more stout. Less body roll with them at 35 psi.

Plus, they're quieter than the stock tires and look cool.

They are a soft rubber compared to the stiff rubber of the hankooks. Only time will tell how much mileage I get out of them.

10/10.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello.

First post here. I have a 2014 Subaru Forester. Looking at a 2018 crv ex and I have experience with these tires.
Firstly, they don't like high PSI. 30-33 and you will get good life out of them. If you run them at 35 psi during the summer. You might get 15k out of them. I got 45k out of them personally. Considering they are severe weather rated and there performance. I call it a great, solid tire. I've driven through all sorts of crap in riding on those tires and they never failed me. You will loose 1-2 miles per gallon and your car will literally be a tad bit slower due to more rotational weight. But they will get you through anything. I went from a 225 to the 235 and it...was noticable. But I never once hydroplaned with them, even at the wear bars. You will get slightly more road noise. I travel as a surgical tech and they saw all sorts of weather. Winter in Iowa, Nebraska, and Indiana. Never lost a beat. Don't expect too much. They are not going to handle great. I now have Conti true contacts and these blow them out of the water as far as handling, road noise and mpg. Putting the yokos on turned the Forester into a beast, putting the contis on turned the Forester into a great highway vehicle.

I do miss the peace of mind I got hitting pot holes. But I really wasn't that sad to see the leave after my first 100 miles on the contis. Unless you plan on hitting trails...alot.... I'd go with a different tire. For me...I lived in Oregon when I bought them. So I did hit the trails alot to get to trail heads. Them I started traveling and driving 30k a year and it made them....alot less needed and yeah. I liked them alot. But if your just driving on the highway. There are....5...or 6 other severe weather rated tires out there.

Nokian wgr3
Toyo celcius
Good year weather ready

To name a few

Also great all seasons are
Pirelli p7
Conti pure contact and true contract
General altimax 43
Just to name a few...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I didn't answer some of your questions.

Vs studded snow tires and them being 10/10

Snow 8/10 pretty dang good
Slush 9/10 solid
Ice....right... 5-6/10 anything besides studded tires do poor in ice.

Pot holes 15/10. Triple/Quad belted I think, XL rated AT tires. I drove looking for pot holes. Hahaha kidding
At 33-34 psi road bumps can be harsh. At 30-31 they soak them up decently.

Compared to the contis I replaced them with...they had some road noise...but 2014 foresters aren't the quietest out there. The 2017+ got the nvh improvements.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts