Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've all but firmly decided on the Yoko Geolandar G015 for my CR-V. I'm thinking about doing them in the stock size of 205/70-15 because they come in an H rating, which should stiffen up the handling slightly (as well as any 70-series tires can handle). I was going to go up to a 225/70-15, but I'm leaning back toward stock for winter weather traction. Anyone have any rave reviews or other info to share about the G015 on their CR-V? I'm particularly interested in wet and winter traction, but definitely still care about ride quality.

Also, for anyone in the market for new tires, Discount Tire Direct is having a memorial day (week) sale with extra rebates on most of their wheels and tires. The sale ends toward the end of the month...check it out!

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
442 Posts
The GO15 have got great reviews and are snowflake rated. I have read reviews of people trying them on Subarus and jeeps and winter traction was mentioned to be very good

·
Vendor
380 Posts
I've all but firmly decided on the Yoko Geolandar G015 for my CR-V. I'm thinking about doing them in the stock size of 205/70-15 because they come in an H rating, which should stiffen up the handling slightly (as well as any 70-series tires can handle). I was going to go up to a 225/70-15, but I'm leaning back toward stock for winter weather traction. Anyone have any rave reviews or other info to share about the G015 on their CR-V? I'm particularly interested in wet and winter traction, but definitely still care about ride quality.

Also, for anyone in the market for new tires, Discount Tire Direct is having a memorial day (week) sale with extra rebates on most of their wheels and tires. The sale ends toward the end of the month...check it out!

Thanks for any info!
As mentioned the Yokohama Geolandar GO15 have been getting rave reviews. I have had them on my FJ Cruises for almost 2 years. They are a very solid tire that does great in the rain and is snowflake approved. Here is a link to them online:

Yokohama Geolandar GO15 | Discount Tire Direct

Please let us know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've ordered the G015 from DTD. I can't wait for them to arrive! I ended up purchasing the stock size, assuming that will offer me maximum winter traction.

Note to our resident Discount Tire presence, I want to provide feedback that Lee at DTD offered excellent customer service over the phone last week! I was extremely pleased to learn that ordering tires over the phone is just as quick and easy as buying them on the website! Thanks guys!

I'll do my best to post back once I've gotten the tires on and have some feedback for fellow CR-V owners.

·
Vendor
380 Posts
I've ordered the G015 from DTD. I can't wait for them to arrive! I ended up purchasing the stock size, assuming that will offer me maximum winter traction.

Note to our resident Discount Tire presence, I want to provide feedback that Lee at DTD offered excellent customer service over the phone last week! I was extremely pleased to learn that ordering tires over the phone is just as quick and easy as buying them on the website! Thanks guys!

I'll do my best to post back once I've gotten the tires on and have some feedback for fellow CR-V owners.

Thank you for your kind post. Glad to hear you ordered the Yokohama Geolandar GO15. I have been running them for a couple of years and love them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the G015 on mine a couple months ago. Can't speak for snow yet but they do well in the rain. I went with 215/75 r15 for a little more footprint. I really like the look of them but there is quite a bit of road noise. I knew they would be different than what I had but was not expecting it to be that loud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts