Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in rural Maine, in the foothills so a really good winter performing tire is a must. I only want to buy one set and not have to put on winter treads, the Yokohamas look ideal just wondering if anyone has any experience putting these on a vehicle as small as the CR-V. My other choice is the Goodrich Advantage, they look like a basic all season.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Consumer Reports show 16 Performance rated all-season tires - Goodrich Advantage TA's are #13 and Geolander didn't make the cut !! Craig

·
Registered
38 Posts
I run the Yokohama Tournante. Can't speak for winter driving as have yet to get any appreciable snowfall but quite satisfied with ride and traction otherwise. The tread is probably not aggressive enough for the type of snow you get up there as it appears to be a typical all-season tire.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My wife has Geolanders on her CX-5. She has about 22K on the tires and they have two winters behind them. Not bad but based on Tire Rack review. I would look for something else.

·
Registered
442 Posts
If you want only 1 set then why not look for All terrains ? These would be better than all seasons in snow and ice.
Yokohoma Geolander ATS is the only one I believe that is available in stock size - 225/65/17

There are quite a few choices in 235/65/17 which will fit stock wheels and is only slightly bigger with no issues. Cooper Discover AT3, Firestone Destination AT, BF goodrich KO2 are available in this size.

·
Vendor
380 Posts
I am running the Yokohama Geolandar GO15 on my FJ Cruiser. It is a fantastic tire. It does have the snowflake symbol on the sidewall that designates Severe Service.

Geolandar GO15 | Discount Tire Direct

1 - 14 of 14 Posts