Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried these tires? we mostly drive highway but need something that will handle well in the winter when we travel to the U.P. Any other opinions on a good tire. Oh yeah I have a 2011 crv 4wd ex. thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just started using Spec-Xs last month along with a new set of Drag DR-19 wheels. I needed to replace the stock tires that I use during the summer and the Spec-X got great reviews on TireRack. So far I am pleased with them. They seem to provide excellent grip so far in dry and wet weather.

I am coming off of my Pirelli Scorpion Ice&Snow that I use in the winter and have to admit, the Spec-X doesn't seem to give me a better feel for the road/what the tires are doing. Maybe it's because I haven't driven with them enough, but the Spec-X feels a little looser on gentle turns and then seems to grab the road when pushed. Maybe they would feel better with a decrease the tire pressure?

I have no experience with the Geolanders but they were another one of my considerations. The Spec-Xs were cheaper at the time I made my purchase and I would probably buy again.

·
Registered
633 Posts
have had the Geolanders for awhile now. So far so good! Love the looks of them. Get many compliments on the looks, but of course thats not why I bought them! Wanted something with a good traction for crappy Nicaragua roads! So far so good!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Geolander AT-S on my 99. Nice aggressive looking tire.

I haven’t hit much in the way of off road or snow with it yet. It has plenty of sips, it LOOKS like it would be okay in snow, we will see a bit later this month.

Road performance is actually pretty good. They are a little louder than the stock tires, but unless you have tired them both you wouldn’t really notice a difference.

I will post back up after some snow days here in BC, and see what I can tell you about that side of them.

EDIT:

WHOA old post. Sorry for bringing this back from the dead.....

·
Registered
633 Posts
Not that old of a post! My Geolanders are still doing well. I guess I only have around 4000 miles on them. Do a fair bit less driving down here in Nicaragua than we did in VA. I do see them on a fair # of CRV's down here. Of course no snow, but the roads are full of potholes and in pretty poor conditions. Many of the more remote areas are rough dirt roads! So far very happy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
These are the two tires I'm debating about right now for my 2008 CR-V EX. Based on the reviews and surveys on Tire Rack, I'm leaning toward the Geolanders. I've had two sets of the Nokian WR on a 2001 CR-V EX and they were awesome. I had the Nokian WR G2 on a 2006 Tucson and was disappointed with the snow traction and tread life. The Nokian WR G2 SUV I have now were better in the snow (but nowhere near as good as the original WR), but I'm VERY disappointed with the tread life. Does anybody have any updates on snow performance and tread life for the Parada's or the Geolanders?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.