Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they chose to position the open/close button off center to the right side? When I close the tailgate I'm typically going to the driver side, so why should I have to reach further than center? My wife's RAV4 is located on the left side of center which makes more sense. Things that make you go hmmmmm?

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
678 Posts
Most car companies don’t have the buttons in the same location.

if you have driven honda/acuras consistently this is a non issue.

my wifes work equinox keyfob is reversed from our 5th gen crv so that took a few weeks to get used to but the fob shapes are so different i can do it blind now

·
Registered
248 Posts
they chose to position the open/close button off center to the right side? When I close the tailgate I'm typically going to the driver side, so why should I have to reach further than center? My wife's RAV4 is located on the left side of center which makes more sense. Things that make you go hmmmmm?
If it bothers you that much, purchase a toggle switch that you can mount as far over to the left and into the driver's zone as you'd like. Then fish the original switch wires over to it and make the connection.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, no you don't understand. I'm talking about the push button on the tailgate itself not the one on the dash. most manf. I've seen place them in center or on left side.

·
Registered
248 Posts
No, no you don't understand. I'm talking about the push button on the tailgate itself not the one on the dash. most manf. I've seen place them in center or on left side.
OMG, really?!

You actually care where that button is located?

Wait a second, is this a trolled thread? Have I just been gaffed and thrown into the hold?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OMG, really?!

You actually care where that button is located?

Wait a second, is this a trolled thread? Have I just been gaffed and thrown into the hold?
If this is the best you got to do find another board to hang out in. Some of us have been here for 10 yrs and posted a lot more helpful informative stuff than you in a mere 2 mos. Oh, wait you probably have an LX so you wouldn't know what I was talking about. Some of the long timers back me up here.

·
Registered
465 Posts
If this is the best you got to do find another board to hang out in. Some of us have been here for 10 yrs and posted a lot more helpful informative stuff than you in a mere 2 mos. Oh, wait you probably have an LX so you wouldn't know what I was talking about. Some of the long timers back me up here.
Apparently 6 inches matters to some.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Where Honda is concerned, I am new. First Honda I have ever owned. I know very little about them. I came here to learn so it will be years before I contribute what the grey-haired Honda seniors here can and have.

So until then, you'll just have to put up with me! LOL!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has never bothered me one bit, and have never actually even though about the placement. If you don't want to reach it though you can always just get in the car and use the button inside to close it right?

·
Registered
804 Posts
they chose to position the open/close button off center to the right side? When I close the tailgate I'm typically going to the driver side, so why should I have to reach further than center?
IF Honda placed it any further right, then Honda would have been forced to remove the LOCK button (which is to the right of the opening button).

IF Honda had placed it any further left we never would have had you share your thoughts with us.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
YMMV.... given the long list of non-trivial things in life to worry about in the modern world ..... this simply is below my personal threshold of concerns or demands.

As a human being.. I find it incredibly easy to simply adapt to nuances like those presented here... rather than create threads to complain about them.

Adapt. Overcome. Move forward. ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
My Rav4 and my wife's Accord trunk release buttons all are right hand biased. But my Rav4 has a under bumper kick switch that is wonderful when you have your hand full either walking up to the car or walking away. Don't know who came up with that idea but it works really well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
for me the weirdest thing was positioning the eco button at passenger side. that was pretty weird for me.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
for me the weirdest thing was positioning the eco button at passenger side. that was pretty weird for me.
Yeah..I believe they do that so that you are less likely to hit it unintentionally... as in while in the process of using the shift lever, or messing with something in your center console. Yet it is positioned so you can easily see it. Small nuance by Honda engineers.. but actually well thought out from a human engineering perspective.

Luckily... with modern safety requirements while driving.. owners are very unlikely to have a child in the front seat... because you can be sure that a child would want to be pushing the eco button over and over again. :p So that just leaves maybe an obnoxious in-law. :ROFLMAO:

I believe that Honda also put the over-ride for engine auto start/stop in the same general area on the 2020s as well. Some people think it should be right next to the start switch for the vehicle.. but I personally would not want it there... to much opportunity to push the wrong button if not paying attention.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
My Rav4 and my wife's Accord trunk release buttons all are right hand biased. But my Rav4 has a under bumper kick switch that is wonderful when you have your hand full either walking up to the car or walking away. Don't know who came up with that idea but it works really well.
Yeah.. my CRV Touring has the kick sensor and it does come in handy at times. I believe Honda sells a kit to add it to EX-Ls which also have a powerlift gate but no kick sensor stock from the factory.

The only rub is one day I was sweeping in my garage and I reached to sweep some leaves from under my CRV and sure enough... it triggered the kick sensor. Luckily.. the garage door was open.. so no conflict between doors. :p I guess I could have come to the forum and started a complaint thread about it.. but instead.. I just laughed and took it all in stride. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Honda could argue that the sidewalk is on the passenger side thus making it more logical for that reason. But seriously..the button is like what 6-8 inches to the right of the center?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts