Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah.. my CRV Touring has the kick sensor and it does come in handy at times. I believe Honda sells a kit to add it to EX-Ls which also have a powerlift gate but no kick sensor stock from the factory.

The only rub is one day I was sweeping in my garage and I reached to sweep some leaves from under my CRV and sure enough... it triggered the kick sensor. Luckily.. the garage door was open.. so no conflict between doors. :p I guess I could have come to the forum and started a complaint thread about it.. but instead.. I just laughed and took it all in stride. :D
The answer is probably obvious, but I have to ask just to clarify...

I assume that you had the key fob on your person when you accidentally triggered the lift gate kick sensor?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
The answer is probably obvious, but I have to ask just to clarify...

I assume that you had the key fob on your person when you accidentally triggered the lift gate kick sensor?
Could be... I honestly do not remember. I know the vehicle was unlocked as I never lock it in my garage, and generally an unlocked Honda will allow you to open unlocked doors so probably the same for the liftgate.

But you peaked my curiosity.. so now I'll have to test that and confirm. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Of all the switches and handles on my V, the only ones I detest are the Hood and Fuel Door. I’m 6’-3” and a long way from them. I actually have to unbuckle to reach them and even then can barely get to them. And before anybody says “you only need them when you’re out of the car”, I live in NJ...full service gas only.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Of all the switches and handles on my V, the only ones I detest are the Hood and Fuel Door. I’m 6’-3” and a long way from them. I actually have to unbuckle to reach them and even then can barely get to them. And before anybody says “you only need them when you’re out of the car”, I live in NJ...full service gas only.
Heck, I'm 5'8" and even I have to unbuckle to reach the fuel and hood latches. I think we all do. That's the point of having them there. If they up mixed with the other knobs/switches, they would accidentally get triggered. Imagine doing 70mph down the highway and you accidentally unlatch your hood. It may not open all the way but the racket caused by the wind knocking it around would surely cause a panic.

Here in Cali, we pump our own gas. Self service left this state in the 1800s. :LOL:

·
Registered
21 Posts
they chose to position the open/close button off center to the right side? When I close the tailgate I'm typically going to the driver side, so why should I have to reach further than center? My wife's RAV4 is located on the left side of center which makes more sense. Things that make you go hmmmmm?
My guess is that it is because most people are right-handed. You walk to the back and reach with your right hand to hit the button.You'd have to reach across your body if it was on the left. My new non-Honda has it in the same place.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I bet the next generation of CRV will use the new Accords locking mechanism for the fuel door ---> it has a push latch on the door to open and close (push to open, push to close) ... and when you lock the vehicle.. the fuel door locks automatically. :)

My wife loves this feature on her Accord... as she has a fuel service that drops by during the day and fills her gas tank for her. She just leaves it in the open detent position and then locks the vehicle. The fuel guy comes by.. opens the fuel door...refuels the car, and then closes the door and it locks automatically.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If this is the best you got to do find another board to hang out in. Some of us have been here for 10 yrs and posted a lot more helpful informative stuff than you in a mere 2 mos. Oh, wait you probably have an LX so you wouldn't know what I was talking about. Some of the long timers back me up here.
I will admit it took me 6 months to consistently find that button while my wife laughed at me. It has taken 2 years to get used to the delay before it works though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The only reason I do not like it right of center is my Murano's is left of center. Invariably I often reach to the wrong side to close. Nothing catastrophic, but it irks me that I cannot remember which vehicle I'm at.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah..I believe they do that so that you are less likely to hit it unintentionally... as in while in the process of using the shift lever, or messing with something in your center console. Yet it is positioned so you can easily see it. Small nuance by Honda engineers.. but actually well thought out from a human engineering perspective.

Luckily... with modern safety requirements while driving.. owners are very unlikely to have a child in the front seat... because you can be sure that a child would want to be pushing the eco button over and over again. :p So that just leaves maybe an obnoxious in-law. :ROFLMAO:

I believe that Honda also put the over-ride for engine auto start/stop in the same general area on the 2020s as well. Some people think it should be right next to the start switch for the vehicle.. but I personally would not want it there... to much opportunity to push the wrong button if not paying attention.
my opinion was the best position for it would be on the wheel. nowadays i just have it off hahaha

·
Registered
68 Posts
Was the CRV originally designed in right hand drive? Could that be why it’s on the right side?
I do agree, the gas door lever is in a sucky place. Want to put the hood release there, fine, but please put the fuel door release someplace where you can reach it while you’re still in the car! FYI...another NJ owner!

·
2,198 Posts
Could it be because the designers are in Japan, where CR-V's are right hand drive?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts