Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the EX-L in white diamond pearl. I love the following features with no order of preference:

Android Auto - I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and use it for navigation. Since the maps are up to date on the phone its really fun to use and very reliable.

Honda Sensing
LKAS - I use it all the when traveling the interstate. At first I thought it wasn't working but came to find out it kicks in above 40mph.
ACC - helpful when lotsa cars on the highway. I get startled when someone cuts in front of me and the brake comes on tho.
CMBS - I had warnings a few times when it detected change of road paint colors. No big deal but it keeps me alert.
RDM - Same as CMBS.
Blind Side Monitor - love this feature. Something I can't do without.
Cross Traffic Monitor - another great feature.

Memory Seat - two drivers in the household and one reason I got the EX-L. Passenger power seat is like a bonus for us.

Power Liftgate - my wife is only 4'11" and having this plus the adjustable height is another reason why I chose this car.

Auto High Beam - let there be light!

USB Ports In Rear of the Console - My wife is forever using her phone when going on trips. She only take 1 minute breaks..lol. Charging in the car is very convinient.

Walk away power door locks. Although annoying sometimes when washing the car. It keeps locking.

Shark Fin Antenna - no need to remove when going thru carwashes.

I'm glad I got this vehicle. It is my 4th. Having had 2000, 2007, and 2012, this is by far my favorite.

Enjoy your CR-Vs folks.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Cheezz: I'm appreciating the same things as you (except I have an EX without the seat memory and power hatch).

The simplest thing is something I'm enjoying the most: being able to leave my fob secured in my purse and not worrying about dropping/damaging it, losing it or locking it in the car. This is my first vehicle with this technology and it's super convenient. Goes hand in hand with the automatic locks and I'm glad this car beeps when locking (instead of the old-school obnoxious horn blowing).

...and hey, just toss the fob in the car when you're washing it to avoid the constant locking/unlocking annoyance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 ACC both the normal highway one and the low speed. being able to go to 25 with 1 button makes it very easy
2 lkac
3 fob, auto lock
4 brake hold to start on a slope
5 spacious centet console

·
Registered
33 Posts
Android Auto wins it for me. ACC is good but it's a little too schizophrenic often braking suddenly for no reason. I really like the automatic door unlock feature also, more so than the automatic lock part. Honorable mention to the 1.5 liter turbo engine which does pretty darn well considering it's mated to a still crappy CVT.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I love the CVT. It offers a wider range of ratios and allows the computer to better match engine speed to gear ratio. I have driven a lot of cars and I think Honda did the best job yet on CVT transmissions. But then they have had lots of practice as their first commercial CVT was offered in 1996. A lot of the "issues" some people have with CVT's is that they don't know how to drive them. Honda did a great job with that but the driver has to understand how the programing works and have a "feel" for it. I found the Nissan and Subaru CVT's to be quite dull in comparison.

I am happy you like Android Auto. I assume you read all the info you agreed to share with them by using it. They are going to extract loads of data from your phone when you installe the app for that. Google is far worse than any spy agency. They know your life, where you are, what you are doing, who you are talking to, etc. When I read the permissions they wanted to install that app on my phone I refused it all

All that said, I loved my 2012 CR-V but the 2017 just had too many great features to resist. Too many to list but the driver safety features are at the top.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Pretty much everything that has already been mentioned. But in addition, I do enjoy the hands-free liftgate access, the full LED exterior lights (including headlights), and the more advanced safety features than what my FCA vehicles have ever provided. I only wish that LKAS was on by default unless you turn it off, and that it worked below 40 MPH. Not sure how I feel about the CVT yet, but I don't dislike it. Speaker system could have been much better too.

I am happy you like Android Auto. I assume you read all the info you agreed to share with them by using it. They are going to extract loads of data from your phone when you installe the app for that. Google is far worse than any spy agency. They know your life, where you are, what you are doing, who you are talking to, etc. When I read the permissions they wanted to install that app on my phone I refused it all
Who cares? The FREE services they provide rely on that information to function. You as an individual are nothing to Google, and it's not like someone is actually monitoring your life... accept that information collection is the way of the future and reap the benefits from it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Who cares? The FREE services they provide rely on that information to function. You as an individual are nothing to Google, and it's not like someone is actually monitoring your life... accept that information collection is the way of the future and reap the benefits from it.
Another perspective: The NSA got their fingers spanked with data collection, but in the last couple of months, Congress passed a bill endorsing massive, broad collection of data by private companies. You may be nothing but data to Google, but it's almost guaranteed that the government will be digging into those data banks. Count on personal privacy being a thing of the past--unless you want to live off the grid.

Don't have anything to hide? Don't count on data not being misinterpreted or manipulated as stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I think the lane departure and the adaptive cruise is the neatest features
The adaptive cruise control is wonderful. Didn't use it a lot on previous vehicles with all the constant deceleration/cancel/resume adjustments and I find the ACC really lowers my stress level. So many comfortable things about this CRV.

...and the lane departure and blind spot monitoring systems are great--- and seem to be correcting my bad habit of not always using my turn signals.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll be heading to Vegas next month. Stopover in Reno and I think the ACC will come in the handiest since most are just two land highways. Anyone really like the auto ac?

·
Registered
653 Posts
For A/C, I find that I have to set it at a lower temp than usual to make sure it's cool enough in the cabin (as opposed to temp coming out of the vents).

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have had auto temp control on my past two CR-V's (2012 and 2017). For whatever reason (which I now forget five months later) I seemed to sense a difference in operations between my 2012 and my 2017. However, after owning the new model for a few months I really don't find any problem with it. Its what one would call "transparent" I guess. So, whatever the differences were, and there were some, they must have been some minor operational differences as I have now grown use to the new car and really have ZERO complaints with the HVAC system.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have had auto temp control on my past two CR-V's (2012 and 2017). For whatever reason (which I now forget five months later) I seemed to sense a difference in operations between my 2012 and my 2017. However, after owning the new model for a few months I really don't find any problem with it. Its what one would call "transparent" I guess. So, whatever the differences were, and there were some, they must have been some minor operational differences as I have now grown use to the new car and really have ZERO complaints with the HVAC system.

I learn a lot about the 2017 CRV in these forums. I have yet driven my 2017 CRV Touring very much. But I enjoy many functionalities of my 2017 CRV compared to limited features of my 2014 Accord V6 Touring and 2008 Accord V6-EXL. The Garmin Navi of the 2017 CRV Touring is quite fascinating with many details and its smartness. The MPG is...so great. It reminds me of the good MPG of my 1986 Civic. Other safety features are quite impressive.

I fully agreed with Hans471+ that in order to have all these modern technology and safety features in an Acura or Lexus buyers need to pay at least $10K more. As many other Honda fans I keep coming back to buy Honda vehicles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts