Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,846 Posts
Women are not the only ones who get upsold at dealers.

My wife and I have been friends with another couple for over 20 years. They always come to me when considering buying new vehicles.

Their most recent purchase (about 3 years ago) is a Toyota product. BUT, when the husband brought their Toyota into the local Toyota dealership for it's first "free 24,000 mile maintenance" visit at 5,000 miles, he was told he needed a bunch of additional recommended items at a large additional fee. (He thought the service visit was supposed to be free) After he dutifully paid these extras over the years on the previous car, he finally had a light bulb lite up over his head, and he called me from the dealer's service drive. I advised him not to do these extras. He had always paid for these extras in the past. So, men can also be duped. No shame, as not all men are "car guys".

·
Registered
658 Posts
I learned my lesson with my first car..an old $400.00 vw beetle and I was 17 fortunately with no money. Clipped a coupon in the paper for a free oil change and multi point inspection at a vw dealer….they had all sorts of extras they wanted to do and charge me for..what did I know then? Most may have believed them but I told them I had no money so that shut them down. After that point I researched and did my own maitenence. Anyone can be “duped”. This is definitely not a new phenonemom. This is not just an automotive issue. The well informed on any issue, male or female are always in a better position.

·
Registered
2022 Honda CRV EX-L
267 Posts
We had a very new 2013 Hyundai Sonata that I returned to the dealer to get a recall done on the shift lever. Next thing I know they’re strapping devices on each wheel and tell me the car is in bad need of a wheel alignment! I returned to my regular mechanic who checked the alignment and said it was perfect! Some dealers think this is the way to do business!

·
Registered
17 CR-V LX
311 Posts
Yeah, those year Sonatas had bad alignment issues and many recalls on it as well.

Good to bring up though, that many problems like this are covered under the 12k/1 year adjustment warranty, although I don't see Honda has one in manual, but many others do. Warranty booklet is more good info additional to the owners manual.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm confused. I recently checked the engine air filter on my 2019 LX AWD and the cover is simply held in with two clamps that can be unlatched and latched with my fingers. Is a screw driver needed to access the filter element on the 1.5T?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I'm confused. I recently checked the engine air filter on my 2019 LX AWD and the cover is simply held in with two clamps that can be unlatched and latched with my fingers. Is a screw driver needed to access the filter element on the 1.5T?
Yes, you must loosen some captive screws to get the filter cover off. And it helps to pop the intake hose off, which also needs a screw.

·
Super Moderator
2018 EX-L fwd
1,473 Posts
Yes, you must loosen some captive screws to get the filter cover off. And it helps to pop the intake hose off, which also needs a screw.
Better bet is to use a socket & rachet to loosen the screws. Sometimes you can strip out the heads of the screws using only a Philips / JIS screwdriver to remove the screws.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts