Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Today, my second visit as well. Hope you didn't have to pay, this is definitely covered by Honda as it makes the car unsafe to drive. I am expecting a call later from the dealer, keep you posted

·
Registered
3 Posts
Today, my second visit as well. Hope you didn't have to pay, this is definitely covered by Honda as it makes the car unsafe to drive. I am expecting a call later from the dealer, keep you posted
I was told just they are going to replace injectors and keeping care overnight. Let's hope I get a loaner/rental.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told just they are going to replace injectors and keeping care overnight. Let's hope I get a loaner/rental.
So after all my warning lights turned on and there was a problem with everything assisting the vehicle, the car was still drive-able but probably not safe, on my first visit they reset the computer and changed my oil, one of the codes was related to the oil. I change my oil regularly and did a little while ago. I leave the dealer was told to drive for approx 40 to 100 miles for the computer to reset. Maybe 2 hours later the lights all turned on again and same warning problems. 2nd visit to the dealership on Thursday, they keep the car overnight they changed the injectors, got the car back Friday and so far no issues. Hope the problem was fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2017 Cr v EX (35,000 km) is at the dealer as we speak. I live close to the dealership so drove the vehicle there while the warning lights were cycling on the dash. I am waiting to hear what the remedy is. I'm glad to find out that others have had the same issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since the fuel/moisture recall repair I noticed that the vehicle runs much smoother with quieter injectors and more pep. I don't think the gas mileage is as good though since the recall repair. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Honda CRV Touring that lit up like a Christmas tree. It was an intermittent problem. The dealer worked with Honda NA and they replaced the main computer. After they replaced, we did not have any problems for about 6 months. Then things started again. I had to drive it to the dealer when I was happening and leave the car on so they could read the sensors. After 3 trips back and forth, they finally found the culprit..so we think. There are 2 speed sensors on the front axle under the wheels. They read the sprockets on the wheel bearing. Apparently the front passenger bearing was pitted / rusty prematurely and there was some rust build up around the sensor. Because the sprockets where damaged, the sensor got confused and caused the error. I believe the other sensors error as well because they are tied into the speed sensor . They replaced the bearing, cleaned the area and replaced the sensor. So far so good. I have to commend my dealer for sticking with me. although it was a pain, they stuck with it.

As it turned out it was a mechanical issue (bad front bearing/sprocket) causing the electrical problems. I hope this helps if you are having problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well my Google research has led me here. I knew I was not the only one have this problem.

2018 CRV Touring. We bought it Dec 2018 with 1,000 miles. Around February and March this happened 2 to 3 times with about 3,000 miles. My wife calls me on her way to work at 6am saying all the dash lights are coming on and messages coming up. Simply turned it off and started it back up and it all went away. Talked to the Honda dealer and was told they haven't heard of that issue. They did say to bring it in to check it out. I knew if those messages were not up they weren't going to find anything. It didn't happen again, so I never took it back. Figured it was a computer glitch and not a big issue.

This evening we get in it and the low oil light is on. Engine sounds fine but it's surging.. Possibly in limp mode. Get to our destination and I check the oil. It is low... Oil on the dip stick. Not low enough imo to trigger that light. Has 5,000 miles and 30% showing for maintenance minder. I do recall checking the oil when I first got it and it was half way up the dip stick. Lower then what I would expect but nothing out the ordinary with other make and models I have dealt with.

I start it up go for a spin around the block and all lights and messages pop up. Engine starts to make a rattling/growl noise. Thought it was a rod knock but upon opening the hood it was not that. Definitely something from the top area to maybe the front somewhere around the turbo.

I'll be getting it towed to Honda on Monday.I'll just have to give the wife back her old trusty 06 civic and I'll have to put the GTO back on the road until I can get a loaner/rental from Honda.

Side note... I did get the windows tinted today. I had them do the windshield with llumar air 80 which is a clear "tint". Made sure to tell them to not cover the camera. I checked the install. It is put on from the inside and from the looks of it there is no way they could have covered the camera. I hope the dealer doesn't make that as an easy solution to get it out the shop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Video of what happened tonite. Oil low did not come up when all the other messages start popping up. It does come up at initial start. Listen closely and you can hear the engine sounds pretty rough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay so I checked the oil this morning with the engine cold. It was full. I start it up. All lights and messages still showing including low oil. The rattling/growling/knocking noise was still there. Gave it a slight Rev and it went away. Engine idling smooth as can be. Try to imagine a bad lifter that is oil starved but then oil finally goes through when revved and it all gets quiet. Same scenario but not the same sound.

Turn it off and now the dip stick is showing oil less then half way on it. I'm guessing all the oil goes through the turbo and shows it's low after it's been run?

I then clean the area where the camera/sensor is at the windshield thinking maybe something is on their. Start it up.. No engine noise, no low oil light but everything else is going off.

I'm hoping there isn't any damage to the engine. The oil does reek of gas but I live in the south. No real winter here. Wife's commute to work is 20mins each way. So it should be getting up to temp. Fuel dilution should not be an issue according to what Honda has posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
At the dealer now. Told him about the tsb and the fuel dilution problem. Of course he replies... "oh ok.. Never heard of that issue."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Today I was driving my 2017 EX on the highway when the transmission started feeling strange. It was stepping down, then back to normal consistently even if I didn't change the pressure I had on the accelerator. Then all of a sudden many systems started reporting problems on my dashboard, all at the same time. Reported problems were:

• Brake System Problem
  • All Wheel Drive System Problem
  • Tire Pressure Monitor Problem
  • Electric Parking Brake Problem
  • Road Departure Mitigation System Problem
  • Collision Mitigation System Problem
  • Lane Keeping Assist Problem
  • Adaptive Cruise Control Problem
  • Hill Start Assist Problem
  • Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) Problem
  • Anti-Lock Brake System Problem
  • Power Steering System (EPS) Problem
See attachments at the end of this, and a second post.

It goes without saying that we are very concerned as these are all safety systems that just started failing all of a sudden while driving. I stopped the car, turned it off, then back on, and all messages were still there. I turned it back off, walked away since we arrived where we were heading, had lunch, went back to the car, and this time, all error messages were gone. I called the dealership, but they said that since there was no errors anymore, they may not be able to diagnose it; then asked me that next time I should drive it straight to the dealership while the problem messages were still on.

Has anyone else experienced any issues with these many electrical systems at once? We drove for about an hour and a half after all error messages were gone, and they did not turn back on, but my wife is already saying she doesn't feel safe in the car and that she would freak out if she was driving alone and all those alerts and alert sounds started coming up all of a sudden.

I still plan to take it to the dealership in case the car has all the codes stored or something, but any suggestions are appreciated.

Problem reports on screen:

Brake System Problem:
View attachment 79417

All Wheel Drive System Problem:
View attachment 79425

Tire Pressure Monitor Problem:
View attachment 79433

Electric Parking Brake Problem:
View attachment 79441

Road Departure Mitigation System Problem:
View attachment 79449

Collision Mitigation System Problem:
View attachment 79457

Lane Keeping Assist Problem:
See 2nd post

Adaptive Cruise Control Problem:
See 2nd post

Hill Start Assist Problem:
See 2nd post

Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) Problem:
See 2nd post

Anti-Lock Brake System Problem:
See 2nd post

Power Steering System (EPS) Problem:
See 2nd post
Yes, I own a 2017 CRV with all of those occurrences

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2017 CR-V EX bought back in Nov 2017. This problem first occurred in May 2019 when the car hit about 25,000 mi. I was starting my car after buying groceries, I was in a parking lot and it was raining. I've had this problem with multiple indicators lights coming on three or four times since then, I've lost count, and it seems to happen when it's rainy. I took it to my dealer, which is useless...they say they haven't hear of the problem and have given me a bunch of bogus bs about what they think it is. I'm under warranty so I've had them do whatever they think needs to be replaced and then lo and behold a week or two passes and the lights are back on. I'm really fed up. I just filled out a complaint on the NHTSA website, and I advise that anyone with this problem does the same. The only thing that resets the lights is rebooting the cars computer, by holding down the radio power button and restarting the car, or restarting the car a few times. I've noticed that the lights usually come on especially in inclement weather or when I've washed my car. I'm thinking that it has something to do with a sensor that gets messed up or obstructed by rain/water. Either way, having all the indicators lights flash on once a month is not safe. Go fill out the complaint form on the NHTSA website so Honda can fix this issue.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Have you checked the battery? Multiple unrelated problems occurring simultaneously on the 5th Gen can be due to low voltage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you tried contacting American Honda Motor Corp? (assuming you're in the USA).
I called Honda today to open a case, but they told me the issue needed to be actively happening for them to do anything...i.e. I would have to drop whatever I'm doing when the lights go on and instantly go to the Honda dealer and then call them so that they could speak to the dealer. I'm honestly thinking about trading in the car right now, this is such a headache. I never had this issue with my '04 civic. I've also been reading about issues with the gas going into the engine oil, I have not been keeping an eye on it like I should. I'm starting to think this was a way bad purchase.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's an update on my vehicle, 2017 CR-V EX bought in November 2017. I've taken the car to the dealer 4 times and finally this is the first time they are saying anything is wrong with the car. They pulled the code P0172 (fuel running too rich), which is on the extended powertrain warranty that Honda sent. The service manager said the procedure is to check the spark plugs and they were fine. After that they did normal trouble shooting procedure and found that the fuel injectors are bad and need to be replaced, the car has 31,000 miles. My problems began back in May 2019, when our indicator lights kept coming on. It's taken 4 trips to the dealer and 3 months, I hope this is the only issues and those lights don't come back on. I'm not happy about the issues with the engine and am wondering how many people are trading their car in? Is this just the first sign of a long road of maintenance and repair for this line of cars? I had an '04 civic before this that never needed anything, problem was that it was so bare bones we needed something for road trips...

·
Registered
2 Posts
So after all my warning lights turned on and there was a problem with everything assisting the vehicle, the car was still drive-able but probably not safe, on my first visit they reset the computer and changed my oil, one of the codes was related to the oil. I change my oil regularly and did a little while ago. I leave the dealer was told to drive for approx 40 to 100 miles for the computer to reset. Maybe 2 hours later the lights all turned on again and same warning problems. 2nd visit to the dealership on Thursday, they keep the car overnight they changed the injectors, got the car back Friday and so far no issues. Hope the problem was fixed.
Hi, I purchased crv 2 weeks ago. 4 days right after purchase I had same problem. All problem messages with all lights on. They updated software and changed oil. Later again same problem. Now dealer told me to replace fuel injectors set. Is there any recall for this issue? How does your crv perform now after replacing fuel injectors?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I purchased crv 2 weeks ago. 4 days right after purchase I had same problem. All problem messages with all lights on. They updated software and changed oil. Later again same problem. Now dealer told me to replace fuel injectors set. Is there any recall for this issue? How does your crv perform now after replacing fuel injectors?
First off document everything. Contact Honda corporate as well as the National Highway and Transportation Association to file a claim. Honda is not taking any responsibility and this issue is not only a few cars in cold climates. As soon as the lights come on go right to the dealer or go as soon as you can. Since you just bought the car I'd pursue the lemon law or see if the dealer will take it back. I'm currently trying to pursue the lemon law before I take a total loss, as I am about 30% paid on my loan for the car. Good luck! Sorry to hear you're having this issue as well, it really stinks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First off document everything. Contact Honda corporate as well as the National Highway and Transportation Association to file a claim. Honda is not taking any responsibility and this issue is not only a few cars in cold climates. As soon as the lights come on go right to the dealer or go as soon as you can. Since you just bought the car I'd pursue the lemon law or see if the dealer will take it back. I'm currently trying to pursue the lemon law before I take a total loss, as I am about 30% paid on my loan for the car. Good luck! Sorry to hear you're having this issue as well, it really stinks.
Thanks for your response. I contacted Honda America customer service. They are saying there is no recall for this issue and also it is out of warranty since the mileage now is 53k. I purchased from other brand dealer (Not the honda dealer). But I do read many forums that most of 2017 crv have the same problem. I don't know why Honda is not taking care of this. First of all I don't know why the dealer sold this car to me with this problem. Seems this problem had been there before I purchase the car.. maybe the problem lights would have been disappeared when I had test drive. (Usually it goes on and off).

161 - 180 of 192 Posts